Pinterest is Taking Over

English: Red Pinterest logo

I have been largely absent on this blog as well as on the various social networking sites I am a member of for the past month or so.  Still, I managed to find myself another social networking site in that time frame, and, I must admit, I am in LOVE!!

I didn’t jump right into Pinterest–I really didn’t see the point.  Still, so many people were talking about it, that I figured I would check it out.  When I first signed up, I rarely looked at it.

Then I found the recipes. And the home décor tips and tricks.  Before long, I was hooked!

Here are a few of my favorite things I have come across on Pinterest:

I repinned this from one of my WANA friends, Liv Rancourt.

Of course, I needed to run right out and try it for myself, and I have to say, it not only looks great, but it smells awesome, too.

I also came across this awesome idea for necklace storage, which I repinned from my awesome friend Veronica Bocian.

I tried this one, too, and I am in love with the result!

Even better, I have found too many awesome recipes to count.  Here’s one of my favorites, which I made on Saturday for a Girls-night potluck.  :-)

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures, but I highly recommend the recipe!

Have you tried Pinterest yet? Do you have any favorites that you have tried? Anything that failed miserably? Something you just can’t wait to try? Let us know below! :-)

About these ads

Tagged: , , , , , ,

17 thoughts on “Pinterest is Taking Over

1. Tami Clayton May 23, 2012 at 11:19 pm Reply

I’ve totally been sucked into Pinterest, too! And like you, I wasn’t that into it, but over the last month or so I find myself “popping in just for a minute” and before I know it, a 1/2 hour has gone by. Love the ideas you shared here. :)

• S. M. Nonnemacher May 24, 2012 at 10:06 am Reply

Thanks, Tami!! I am loving the new ideas, and a lot of the recipies I have come across are amazing!! :-)

2. Siri Paulson May 23, 2012 at 11:58 pm Reply

I love the photos, and the way you took what you found on Pinterest and made it your own! For me right now, Pinterest is a place to dream — I pin pictures of houses and gardens I’ll likely never have, parts of the world I may never see, things that catch my fancy or make me say “wow”. I haven’t yet gotten to the stage of actually trying to incorporate any of it into my life. Maybe soon!

• S. M. Nonnemacher May 24, 2012 at 10:08 am Reply

Thanks, Siri! I do a lot of dreaming there, too, but I love when I come across something easy that I can try out. Give it a try! :-)

3. Sonia G Medeiros May 25, 2012 at 8:35 pm Reply

Oooh! Good stuff. I’ve been avoiding Pinterest. StumbleUpon has got enough of a grip on me. LOL. Still…you do make it sound so good. :D

• S. M. Nonnemacher May 27, 2012 at 4:26 pm Reply

I haven’t tried StumbleUpon, but I am totally in love with Pinterest. I think I need to avoid trying anything new now… I get sucked in too easily. :-)

4. Julie Farrar May 25, 2012 at 10:56 pm Reply

I know that’s where all the cool kids are hanging out, but I just have to much in my offline life to get sucked into one more online thing. However, I have seen some cool stuff there.

• S. M. Nonnemacher May 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm Reply

I don’t blame you, Julie. It can get overwhelming with all of the different sites out there. I resisted as long as I could, but I am too excited about all of the cool stuff to realize how much time I am wasting there! ;-)

5. corajramos May 26, 2012 at 2:49 pm Reply

LOVE Pinterest!. I scoot quickly through it at least once a day and pin lots of things for lots of reasons. It’s a great escape/relaxer after hours of reading or writing.

Really catchy post and so relevant right now:)

• S. M. Nonnemacher May 27, 2012 at 4:30 pm Reply

Thanks, Cora! I check it at least once a day, too. I think it may be my new favorite site!! :-)

6. livrancourt May 26, 2012 at 11:21 pm Reply

I paid you the highest compliment I could think of…I repinned the Southwest Eggrolls recipe. ;)
    Thanks for the mention.

7. Elaine Smothers May 27, 2012 at 7:48 am Reply

Love these ideas and it’s good to see you back! My Pinterest invite is still sitting unused in my email. I don’t think that will be the case for long, though and from the browsing I’ve done, I can tell it’s going to be totally addictive. I just don’t know where I’m going to find the time. I guess something will suffer when I start having pinning frenzies. :)

• S. M. Nonnemacher May 27, 2012 at 4:32 pm Reply

Thanks, Elaine! It’s glad to be back! :-)
      And it is totally addictive, but oh so worth it!! :-)

8. Jodi Lea Stewart May 27, 2012 at 1:42 pm Reply

Pinterest makes my life easier because I can “pin” to my boards and not lose the things I come across on a daily basis and hate to lose but don’t know where to put! Whew! Long sentence. Evernote and Pinterest have just about solved my researchitis dilemma. Have to try those Southwest Eggrolls with Avacado Ranch dip! Too fab! It will now be on my Pinterest board.Thanks for a cute presentation of Pinterest, Susi.

• S. M. Nonnemacher May 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm Reply

Thanks, Jodi! I haven’t started using Pinterest for research yet, but I can totally see that being next!! :-)

9. Pure Pecan Heaven | S. M. Nonnemacher October 30, 2012 at 9:09 am Reply

[...] wrote a post a few months ago about some of the pins I had tried at home. Today, I want to share a recipe that I [...]

Thought? Ideas? Questions? Funny Story? Please Share! :-)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 462 other followers