Some Early March Fun in the Sun!!

I had a great post planned for today, but that is just going to have to wait a couple of weeks. :-) After all, today is Fun in the Sun Friday, so I can’t help but post on the amazing weather we have been having here in the Northeast this week (and what looks to be for the rest of the near future).

Here is a screen shot of our forecast for the next week or so:

For those of you in warmer-weather climates, this is not at all typical this time of year.  Average highs are in the 50s.  Last year we were struggling to get to the 40s, so this is a real treat!

Of course, the first thing I did when I saw the forecast was to get all of the patio furniture out of the garage and clean it up.  :-)

After that, I sat back, propped my feet up, and spent some quality time with my Nook.  :-)

And, of course, I spent some time playing with the pup. :-)

This weekend, we plan on tackling some gardening (ok, weeding), do some more reading, and, of course, teach the pup that she needs to put the ball in my hand, not at me feet when we play fetch.  Having to bend down to get the ball every 20 seconds makes it much more difficult to read while I play.  ;-)

What is your favorite way to enjoy a warm early spring day? Do you prefer to relax with a good book, or do you favor more active pursuits? Ay of you gardening fans want to come help my hubby pull some weeds? (I love my gardens, but hate the upkeep!)

About these ads

Tagged: , , , , , ,

8 thoughts on “Some Early March Fun in the Sun!!

1. Mike Schulenberg March 16, 2012 at 3:29 pm Reply

I actually prefer clouds and rain and cold, so I’ll probably stay inside to work on my book and maybe read. It was a nice afternoon to go out and meet a friend for lunch, though.

• S. M. Nonnemacher March 19, 2012 at 9:54 am Reply

I actually am most productive on rainy days–probably because I am not distracted but the sun calling my name, so I actually get some work done!! So, rainy days are good, too! But, I am not a fan of the cold. I love lining so close to my family, but I do miss the weather from when I lived in Florida! :-)

2. Tami Clayton March 17, 2012 at 1:38 pm Reply

On that first warm spring day, I feel like a bear coming out of hibernation. I tend to get overzealous with the garden, planting things that most likely won’t survive any cold snaps that are sure to come before summer truly sinks in. Oh well. I enjoy it and feeling the sun on my face sure feels good, too.

• S. M. Nonnemacher March 19, 2012 at 10:04 am Reply

I am struggling with that now. It is so nice out that I really want to plant everything early, but I know it will likely drop again at some point. I guess I will just have to keep reading to get my time in the sun! :-)

3. corajramos March 18, 2012 at 5:49 pm Reply

Can’t even think about spring today–we had hail. But I do love it when it does finally come. I’ll go outside, garden a little, sit in the sun, play with my dogs, read and be lazy for a few hours.

• S. M. Nonnemacher March 19, 2012 at 10:07 am Reply

Oh, no! Hail is no fun! I have family in California, and they keep complaining that they are colder than usual, while we have all of their nice warm temps. Personally, I am not complaining, but I doubt it will last long. ;-)

4. livrancourt March 18, 2012 at 6:52 pm Reply

We had snow yesterday :(
    I’m so ready for some warm weather I could just spit. And I was busy (or lazy) last fall and didn’t do a good job cleaning up my garden beds, so not it’s hard to see the crocus because of all the dead stuff from last year. Maybe next weekend I’ll get out there…if it’s not snowing.

• S. M. Nonnemacher March 19, 2012 at 10:09 am Reply

It isn’t uncommon for us to have snow this time of year, so this is definitely a treat. We are running 20-30 degrees above normal. I figure I need to enjoy it wile it lasts, because April will probably bring snow. ;-)

Thought? Ideas? Questions? Funny Story? Please Share! :-)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 454 other followers